Friday, July 8, 2011

Lynn's Responses

The following is an example of the dialogue that can be found when speaking with our Mayor, Lynn Eisentrout.
I'll save you the trouble of a public records request and share with you an e-mail conversation that was also shared with me. Word gets around a village of 1,400 fairly quickly, if it is desired to be heard.

6/18/11 6:52pm

Hi Lynn,
I was at Minerva Park's playground with my daughter this evening.  I
wanted to communicate with you my concerns.  The play equipment has a
broken platform that is unsafe.  There are borer bees all around the
structure.  There is a condom wrapper and close by, a used condom on
the ground.  I don't know who is in charge of maintaining the
playground, and assuring it is safe and hygienic for children.  Can
you please let me know?  I hope that you will communicate to the
appropriate person that the playground needs some attention.  Thanks
for your attention to this matter

Lindsey


6/19/11 8:31am

Good morning. Thank you, I'll go and inspect the playground today or tomorrow and see to it.
Please wish Blaine a Happy Father's Day.
Lynn


6/19/11 11:18am 

Who is in charge of the maintenance and upkeep of the playground? I have found out that council members were informed of the broken platform almost two months ago, and stated that it would be fixed at the last lake clean-up day (April 30th). The conom and wrapper were gross, but the platform is a true safety hazard. It is very fortunate that someone hasn't been seriously hurt. 
Lindse


6/20/11 6:15am

Good morning. As you probably already know, the playground falls under the Community Committee. As usual, we had very few volunteers for the the Clean-up and did the best we could with the number of people available. I think Councliman Danzuso had hoped to have a group address the playground but, again, not enough volunteers showed up to help.

As I stated yesterday, Lindsay, it will be taken care of.

Thank you for calling this to my attention.

Regards,

Lynn

6/20/11 2:04pm

Good afternoon. The playground toy has been inspected and repaired and we'll have to stay on top of the bee problem. I myself will see if the condum wrapper and used condom are still there and dispose of them.  

I have a favor. I am trying to confine MP business to my MP email so if you would be so kind as to send future communications to: 

mayor@minervapark.org I would appreicate it.
 
I hope this has helped. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you see anything else that needs our attention. 
   
Lynn

I will consecutively go through the issues I see with these e-mails. 

The sincerity of the "Happy Father's Day" wishes for Blaine would be easy to see through if one were to hear it said. Just like the "I don't recall" she has given him when he has reminded her of conflicting things she has said. 

Next, "passing the buck" to the Community Committee, or Matthew Danzuso, is not an answer for a dangerous (or dirty) playground.  Neither is bringing up not having enough volunteers, particularly when corresponding with a person who has offered to volunteer in the past and been turned down.
Bottom line is, in court, the parents of the child who got hurt on the playground don't care if there weren't enough volunteers, Matthew Danzuso was in charge of the committee covering the playground, or "we were between maintenance men", the answer another citizen received when informing the Mayor of the playground being broken months earlier.


The attitude shines through a bit in this line: 
"As I stated yesterday, Lindsay, it will be taken care of."
Perhaps this is just an example of how one needs to be careful with written word rather than spoken because tone doesn't come out clearly in text, but I think the "as I stated yesterday" starts it off with her tone intended.. 
The bee problem has been a problem for years, and I have yet to hear much discussion of it in the Community Building.

Condom is not spelled condum, but we can let that one slide, I think.

The discussion of using the Minerva Park server e-mail is unnecessary in my opinion. We're told as citizens to let her know whenever we need something, at one point Lindsey was given her e-mail that she used to contact her, if Lynn wants it forwarded to that, she could use a forwarding service -or- at least take care of the playground issue, report when it's done and thank the citizen for their concern and interest, and if you want more volunteers, be a little bit more sincere and don't treat them like you have in the first place. I doubt that Lindsey is going to be e-mailing Lynn much more, either on the Minerva Park e-mail or her home one, so including that was somewhat pointless, though we're getting into opinions here.

1 comment:

  1. Many volunteers have been driven away from the Community Association by Sharon Bierman. Ask around... you'll find that several people who used to be ardent volunteers left because of her.

    ReplyDelete